Gods of Egypt
First of all, let me say that I will not give up the details of the movie, but this is still a SPOILER ALERT.
Who says you can’t?! They?! Who is they?! There are so many naysayers these days that it saddens me. With all of the miracles, breakthroughs in technology and constant innovation, I don’t understand why so many people don’t believe in themselves and others. The word impossible is too often in conversation.
Well, if you don’t believe in yourself after watching Gods of Egypt, I would be shocked. What a great story of struggle and triumph! This movie helps us to see that:
- We never know what to expect in life.
- Even with all of the preparation and education, we can never be prepared for everything. Tomorrow can bring new challenges we know nothing about.
- We need each other.
- Regardless of how talented you are, you can only get so far without the assistance of others.
- Borrow someone else’s faith when yours is lacking.
- We can accomplish anything.
- Though the obstacle ahead looks daunting, there is a way to get through it.
- It won’t be easy.
- The mountain top is breathtaking, but the climb will not be a cinch.
Gods of Egypt provides lots of laughs, great visual effects and tons of action. Chadwick Boseman was my favorite actor in the movie because he was hilarious. Overall, I left the theater believing that I can do anything and that the word impossible is just a word.
Finally, this movie reminds me of people’s faith walk. Tis an adventurous walk we take through life, but with faith in Jesus the walk is much easier and a lot more fun.